Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Being on Vacation is Wearing me out!

I think there is a reason we have a schedule. It is for my sanity. My kids have been running me ragged all week. There is either an argument that needs to be refereed or a fantastic creation that I just have to see. I have had to watch a number of stick puppet shows. The kids have gotten out every toy we own and scattered them about the house. We have also had every craft supply out on the table. We have painted, done playdoh, made collages and even had sewing projects out. Today they got out the glitter to add to some collage project they had started. Boy, was that fun to clean up!

We are still getting outside for walks and scooter rides. The weather has been great since Christmas so we have no excuse to stay huddled indoors all the time. But we have listened to a few good audio books while we build with legos or k'nex.


On top of all the fun projects and play we have also had so many snacks. It think that is about all my kids eat now. We received a number of plates of cookies and other treats from friends and neighbors. My kids have been sampling the plentiful stash of goodies each day and I worry because they won't touch their sandwiches at lunch or eat more than a bite of whatever I make for dinner.
At least they do get a few cuties in so they are getting at least a little nutrition.

I am looking forward to getting back into our normal swing of things. I know my kids are having a great time but I collapse into bed at the end of each day so tired.
Moms never seem to get a vacation, do they?

1 comment:

Malissa said...

I hear you. You are brave to get the glitter out!! I have spent the week reorganizing every room and closet while the kids run crazy. I am looking forward to being on schedule next week too.