Tuesday, January 2, 2018

Where does the time go?

On January 2, 1997 I entered the MTC. That was 21 years ago how can that be? Half my life ago!  I was just a 21 year old girl headed out on an adventure. I had no idea what lay before me I just knew I was supposed to go and wanted to serve. I wish I could say I went only because I love the Lord and wanted to serve him but I know I went somewhat selfishly. I knew a mission would help me grow. I had seen friends leave to go out on missions and come home so much stronger. I wanted to increase in my understanding of the gospel and have more confidence in myself and my abilities. I certainly feel like I got those things and so much more!







1 comment:

Camie said...

I married at 18 so did not get the chance to serve a mission, but hope to serve one someday with my husband if possible. I think it's great you served. My daughter just entered the MTC in Lima, Peru, yesterday. I am so happy for her choice to serve a mission. I hope your new year is off to a great start!