Friday, April 17, 2009

Homeschool Freebie of the Day

There are a number of sites I check almost every day. Homeschool Freebie of the Day is one of these sites. I have a bookmark button positioned where I won't miss it. I try to remember to check it each day to see what they are offering. I admit most of the time it is an ebook that sounds interesting but I know I will never print out and use, so I just let it go. But sometimes there are really fun things that we do use. I got Grammerland from this site and we used it. Sophie really enjoyed it. I have also downloaded a number of .mp3 audio files of stories. The kids love to listen to stories and new ones are always good because we get tired of listening to the same ones over and over again.

Today they have two audio downloads, both are related to Paul Revere. This weekend is the anniversary of his midnight ride, which happened on April 18, 1775. Included on the Freebie site are also a few ebooks that go along with these audio tracks. They are worth a look. The links will be good all weekend.

If you are a FIAR family, you can use these items when you Row Paul Revere's Ride by Longfellow, illustrated by Ted Rand. This was one of our favorite FIAR books. My kids still read the book for fun and we used it again last year when we did a Colonial times unit around the American Girl, Felicity books. I am sure these downloads will come in handy when we study the Revolution again next year when it comes around again in our History rotation.

Just thought I would share. I haven't listened to the files yet so can't comment on the quality but the other things we have downloaded from this site seem to be very well done.

1 comment:

Angela said...

Yeah for Paul! We can't wait for Patriots day on Monday! I will have to pull out my book!