Sunday, October 19, 2008

8 has Huge Support!

Today we went and were part of a rally and walk for supporters of Prop 8. This was a group of mostly Christian Asian Americans, but there was also a large number of Hispanic people there too. They were from all over the bay area and gathered to walk and let people know that they supported traditional marriage.This was a different group then the Protect Marriage.com organization of which we have been supporting. This group's website is 1man1woman.net. It was so amazing to see so many people all in one gathering. What was really amazing was to see how long the line of people walking the sidewalks of the busy street. They estimated that there were about 5,000 people at this rally.

Our kids had a good time walking along with the group. And many of the people around us loved that we brought our children along.

Sophie and Ian are getting very good a waving signs. We also were part of a small wave walk in our city, on Saturday. They love it when people honk. Henry's little voice yelling out "yes on 8" is just too cute! It is so wonderful to see such support and gives me a lot of hope that our cause will win this.

7 comments:

Andrea said...

I'm so happy that you shared this experience with all of us! Finally, a warm fuzzy feeling instead of doom and dread. So proud of you for "walkin' the walk" and being such a good example for your kids! Careful...your becoming my hero! :0)

Montserrat said...

So glad to know there are many others out there supporting Prop 8 too! What a great experience for your kids.

Angela said...

I am so glad you took the walk- that is what it means to "walk the walk." My state is a constant hot bed on this topic- I spoke in front of the Senate several years ago- we won that year, but we were defeated a year or so ago. VT and MASS have such loose laws, that it is spilling over into NH. It is just a matter of time here. Good luck at the elections- I think this entry will be a great one for your posterity.

Malissa said...

your kids will definitely remember this got a long time to come!it's great to hear there are so many other supporters!

Brent and AmberLee's Family said...

It's such a relief to feel support on this issue, isn't it? We're crossing our fingers for Nov. 4.

P.S. Is it okay if I add your name to my links on my blog?

Michal said...

my kids had so much fun at a recent prop 8 rally; they keep planning "when we go to the next one." we just need to keep up the momentum!

Anonymous said...

Good for you! We hardly hear anything about this here, but I know if it doesn't pass, the effects will be far-reaching. It's so scary. I wish I could be there with you. Otherwise I'm so sick of this election year. I'm so ready for it to be done and over with.