Monday, July 30, 2007

We are learning to sign


About 2 weeks ago I picked up a DVD called Signing Time. I had heard of it from other homeschoolers but hadn't tried it myself. Sophie has shown interest in Sign language and I had taught her a few signs and the alphabet. That is about all the sign language I knew.

I was surprised my almost 2 year old loved it. He hasn't shown a lot of interest in watching T.V. yet. He sat there mesmorized the first time we watched Signing Time. We have watched that one DVD almost everyday since. He sits and makes the signs with the children on the T.V. My older kids at first thought it was a baby video but soon were just as excited to watch it whenever Henry asked for it.

Today Henry brought me a sippy cup and then made the sign for water. WOW is this a change! He also has been combining signs too. He signed and said "more eat" today. He hasn't ever put two words together yet. I will be gettting the other DVD's in the series from the library soon. We are all enjoying learning to sign.

No comments: