Friday, June 7, 2013

Ladybug girl

Each week when we head to the library Molly asks for more princess books. She only likes to read books about girls. That isn't exactly true. She is happy to let me read anything to her. I guess what I mean to say is that when she picks out a book for me to read it is always a princess book. 

A week or two ago I found a new series of books that she has LOVED! Ladybug Girl has become one of her favorites. There are several books in the Ladybug girl series and each one we have been able to read has been very fun.  In the first one Ladybug girl explores her backyard with her dog bingo. She is a very imaginative girl and looks at things very closely.  In others she goes camping, and to the beach. She even learns how to play nicely with other kids when she goes to the playground. They all become her bug squad and each is a superhero of sorts and they save the playground from unwanted pests.

This little girl reminds me so much of my mini Molly. She has a very feisty personality and likes to have everyone play her game. She can be rather bossy with her friends when they play together.  She knows what she wants and doesn't think she is too small for anything!

After several readings of the books. Molly asked me to make her butterfly wings so she could be butterfly girl. Sophie quickly stepped in and found an old cereal box in the recycling and went to work making Molly her own set of wings.

Butterfly girl isn't quite a princess but she is a very fun girl in whom Molly could relate.

No comments: