Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Back to School

This is the week that most public schools in our area start their school year. I drive by an elementary school (the one my kids would go to If they went to public school) three mornings a week as I go to the YMCA for my Water Aerobics class. I love this class! It really helps me clear my head and I just feel better after I have gone. I feel like I can face the day so much better after having this hour of exercise. Today I really needed this class. I think we all woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning. Lots of grumpiness around here, me included!

Today while driving by the public school, the street was lined with cars. I was following a whole stream of cars as they stopped to drop off kids. I made the mistake and answered my cell phone when it rang. Evidently I was distracted enough to not fully stop at a stop sign and a cop just happened to be there to see it. So I got pulled over and the cop took 20 min. to fill out the ticket and tell me that school had started and that I need to drive more carefully. He also didn't like the fact that my husband and had neglected to change our address with the DMV when we moved earlier this year. oops!

So in the end. I didn't make it to my class. I am still grumpy, maybe even more so, and now I get to go to Traffic School (sometime within the next few months). Gotta love that! I guess it could have been worse.

1 comment:

my5wolfcubs said...

Ugh. Ugh. Ugh. I'll leave it at that.
((hug))
Lee