Friday, March 10, 2017

Pull ups

Ian is trying to get his Physical fitness merit badge and needed to start a regular exercise routine.  I had been thinking of different things we could add to our equipment that might interest the kids.  I decided to try a pull up bar. Henry has been asking for one for years. But I never did because I thought it would damage the door frame.  I threw caution to the wind and ordered one. 

 The one door in our house that isn't constantly being opened or shut is the laundry room door so that is where we decided to put it.
 Henry is currently the only one of the kids able to do an actual pull up. Mostly the others just struggle and try but can't quite do more than hang.
 But give it time and they might be able to do it.  But for now it counts as a little bit of P.E.

No comments: