Saturday, March 30, 2013

A little Mind Candy


Unrivaled by Siri Mitchell ended up being a lovely bit of "Mind Candy". I flew through this book really quickly and enjoyed it. All the talk of candies and yummy sugar treats only added to the pleasure.

The story is told by both Lucy and Charlie. I found it interesting to see how each character views the same event differently and how some things are misunderstood.

The christian elements are pretty light and certainly not heavy handed.

One of the themes Siri Mitchell is sharing, about moving forward after mistakes and not letting those mistakes define everything about you in the future was very well done. People are able to change. I especially liked the line, I believe Charlie says it, (but I am not going to go and look it up right now) he says we won't forget the past because that is what brought us here but we will move forward.

 I appreciated the notes at the end that shared some of the history of the candy wars of 1910. This is a very interesting time period.

Thanks Bethany house for letting me read this book in return for a review. It was a very "sweet" romance!

2 comments:

Siri Mitchell said...

I'm so glad you enjoyed my book! Thanks for taking the time to write and post a review. Happy Easter!

Bibliophile said...

I went to Amazon and found that this can be loaned out. Would you loan it to me?