Thursday, April 14, 2011

Hey! This is Jazz

The other day I was reading through blogs and someone posted the link where you could download for FREE Popcorn Popping. I downloaded it because it was primary music and Free. What could it hurt, right?

Without even listening to it, I burned it onto a CD (I don't have speakers for my ipod) and that night after dinner I played it while were cleaning up. Molly quickly recognized Jesus Wants me for a Sunbeam and started doing the little bounce or jump where all the "beams" would be if there had been words. Even without lyrics she caught on to the tune!

The next song started, Follow the Prophet, and it has a little Jewish flavor to it. I really enjoyed it but Sophie loved it. She said "this sounds like Fiddler on the Roof".

Book of Mormon Stories came next and the little reed flute was a nice touch but we were already enthralled. We spent the rest of the CD trying to guess the primary song and the kids all were dancing around the living room. The songs weren't all recognizable right from the start and some of them are songs my kids didn't even know but they listened and enjoyed them anyway.

I loved it when Sophie, after listening to most of the CD, said "Hey Mom! This is Jazz".  She also made the connection that I Hope they Call me on a Mission starts like Rhapsody in Blue. I guess all those books and CDs we have been listening to the last few weeks have trained her ear a little.

So if you would like to hear these very fun renditions of classic Primary songs. Then click on over to LDS Music Now to download this CD for Free. I don't know how long this will be available but you really shouldn't miss it.

No comments: