Thursday, March 20, 2008

Mozart the Wonder Boy by Opal Wheeler

This week Sophie and I, to go along with our study of Mozart for the month, have been reading Mozart the Wonder Boy together. Sophie does the reading. The text is easy enough for her to read herself. I can tell she loves that it is all in story form rather then the usual biography tone.

One of the things I have really enjoyed with this book are the pages of music in the book. Many of them are easy enough for me to play on the piano. But I splurged when I bought this book and bought the CD that goes with the book. So we will listen to the songs played that go along with the story.

I am glad to listen to something else besides The Magic Flute for a change.

4 comments:

Tammy said...

Where did you find this book? I checked our library and it's not there. Maybe I can find it on amazon or ebay. It looks like a great one.

Sonja said...

I have loved Mozart for as long as I can remember. Sounds like a neat book! Good job reading!

Angela said...

I love Mozart too! I really want to do biographies of the great masters next year- I am going to add this book to my list of composers.

Dana Leeds said...

We studied Mozart last month! And, we read Wheeler's book - it was great! Here's a link to my post: http://alexml.blogspot.com/2008/02/mozart-magic-flute.html. And, if you search for "Mozart" on my blog, you'll find a little more.

Enjoy Mozart!